Skill Drill 1: Pylon Mania
To learn skating skills, agility and puck control.
Work from both ends. Start from opposite corners and begin
at the same time.
Follow the pattern of the pylons.
Next in line starts after player in front has successfully gone
around the first pylon.
Key Teaching Points
This is not a race! Emphasize correct technique.
Should be 8-10 players active at all times.
- 360 degrees around each pylon (with or without puck)
- No sticks -- touch pylon with inside hand while doing
tight turns (this forces skater to bend knees).
- Pivot from forward to backward at each pylon (with or
- Skate backwards (with or without puck)
Other Skill Drills
- Pylon Mania
- Wild Zone
- House Rules
- High Tempo Pivot #1 and #2
- High Speed Shooting
- Give and Go
- Follow the Biscuit
- Drive the Net
- Figure 8
- Torture Drill
- Smally Hard Drive
Hockey that's fresh ... not frozen!
© Copyright 1997.
CIRSA. All Rights Reserved.