Offense Drill 9: Cycling
Maintain control of puck while deep in offensive end.
X1, X2, and X3 start in diagram formation.
X3 puts puck in corner to X2, then follows the pattern.
X2 then comes up boards with puck while X1 anticipates
puck going to corner.
Always create triance effect.
Key Teaching Points
Keep puck to boards when cycling back to corner.
Anticipate the cycle -- get there before or when the puck
gets there -- don't wait.
Puck must remain below hash mark area.
- Add 2 (passive) defense to pattern.
- Reverse 2 -- use net and continue cycle to the other side,
- Allow player option against 2 defense.
Other Offensive Tactic Drills
- Lessard Stretch Breakout
- 4 on 3 Breakout
- Pappas Swing
- Identify & Read #1 and #2
- Triangle Regroup #1 and #2
- Bow Knows
- Ice Melts
- Rintin Breakout
- Attack Triangle
- Eddy Special
- B3 Breakout
Hockey that's fresh ... not frozen!
© Copyright 1997.
CIRSA. All Rights Reserved.