Key Teaching Points
- Inline hockey is a game of patience and having confidence
with the puck.
- You can hold on to the puck a lot longer and move it
- Inline hockey is a game of control.
- Key skill to learn -- stopping.
- Big key word is control.
- Ice hockey is a dump and chase game, but because there are no
off-sides or icing in inline hockey, you don't have to dump.
- Good quick passes and set up for one-timers.
One timers are the key!
- Compare offense to basketball. You want to bring the puck down,
throw it around and set up for that one good shot.
- There is a lot more thinking involved -- set plays and picks.
- Different for goaltenders. You can't challenge the shooter
because there is a lot of dishing off. You have to stay
back in the net. Moving from side to side and shuffling is
a lot more difficult than on the ice.
Hockey that's fresh ... not frozen!
© Copyright 1997.
contact/cirsa.htmlrsa.html">CIRSA. All Rights Reserved.